How I prepare for my Teaching Practice

 


            After making observations both in terms of the students, the classroom environment and the school environment, then I made a teaching plan which I will use as a reference in teaching practice and teaching during evaluation week.
                In 1 week I have the opportunity to teach once, namely on Monday. There are 2 weeks left so I have theopportunity to teach twice. One during teaching practice and another during evaluation. On this teaching opportunity I followed the curriculum used by the school, namely Thai Curriculum B.E 2551.
            Based on the observations I have made on learning, it can be concluded that students tend to prefer learning that actively involves them (the students) as is done by Teacher Nisa. Therefore, on this teaching opportunity I applied conventional learning methods as a knowledge transfer phase, then combined it with group discussions and TGT.

Here is the lesson plan I made Click Here. And for the learning media I used is PPT Click Here.

The lesson plan and the learning media I made were already checked by my mentor and my cooperating teacher (Teacher Niko - The new Chemistry Teacher at EP & IP Program), but there are still some part I need to upgrade.

                To be honest, I had quite a hard time preparing for this teaching. Because at that time, the EP & IP Program chemistry teacher had not yet arrived. So I was only helped by Teacher Nisa, while the teaching materials used by Teacher Nisa were in Thai. I need to translate it first into English because I don't speak Thai huhuhu. In the 3rd week, the EP & IP Program chemistry class teacher came, Teacher Niko. I just got some help and direction from him, although only briefly before the evaluation. I hope I can get more preparation before my Teaching Practice.


Comments

Popular Posts